Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding "locked" objects to a report

I hope this is a simple question with a simple answer.

Normally, I create reports by opening the report editor and dragging objects into the page layout. However, I've noticed that if the object has Allow Move/Size unchecked in the Layout tabout, dragging into a report is no longer possible.

How then do I get locked objects into a report? Copy/paste doesn't work. The obvious answer is to unlock the objects, but I don't want my users to be able to move these objects around. I do, however, want my users to be able to use these objects in reports they create by themselves.

With thanks

James

5 Replies
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi James.

How about creating a hidden tab to hold copies of the charts you want to use in the reports. The chart on the hidden tab will not be locked and the chart on the production tab will remain locked in position. You could also use the same technique but not hide the tab. Call it a Reporting tab that the users can use to create reports.

John.

Not applicable
Author

John

Thank you for your reply. This would work as a workaround. Would you agree though that this is a bug in Qlikview and that objects that can't be sized or moved should still be allowed into reports? If you (i.e. another user) agrees with me, then I will contact Qliktech and log it as an issue.

Thanks for your help

James

john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi James.

I created a test application with two line charts - one with the position locked (ie. the Allow Move/Size option unchecked) and one with no lock. I am not able to move the locked chart on the tab, however, I was able to drag both objects into a report. We are using QV 8.5.

What type of object are you trying to move to the report?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John.

I'm using QV 9.00.7469.8 SR4.

The controls I can't add to reports are charts (bar, pivot, line - doesn't make a difference). Doesn't work on other controls either. I've tried straight tables, bookmark objects, stats boxes.

I've now logged it with Qliktech support as (what I believe to be) a bug in version 9.

James

Not applicable
Author

John

Just to finish off this thread, I've had the following reply from Qliktech support. Seems is is a bug but one that has been identified and will be fixed in v10.

Thanks for your earlier suggestions and support.

James

Dear James

This problem has been verified as bug #24636 which has been fixed in version 10. The reason for this is that the bug requires changes in mouse message handling and changes potentially effects a large part of program interaction and considered too dangerous for version 9.

Best Regards,