Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding triggers on "Clear" navigation button

I have a QlikView document with multiple tab pages. Each tab page has multiple default values added as triggers to the tab page. I have used "Set Clear State", but it appears that captures the default value of the current selected tab.

User may like to click "Clear" navigation button while on any of the tab pages. I wish to assign triggers to set default values for all tab upon clicking "Clear" button. I am aware of another option to add a custom "Clear" button and assign triggers. However, I do not wish to add another custom button to my application.

Let me know how one could add multiple triggers to "Clear" navigation button in a document or set clear state based on defaults on multiple tab pages.

Feel free to revert back in case my explanation is not clear.

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. It will probably confuse your users to no end . If you want to check that all selections were cleared then you need to use the OnAnySelect trigger. Any action you add to that trigger will have to use an if statement in the action expression to checks if there are any selections. Something like =if(len(GetCurrentSelections()>0, ...expression_to_calculate_parameter_value(s)_for_the_action_here... )

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response. However, that is not what I am doing. From user perspective s/he would like to upon Clear wish to have the respective tab page reset with default values as that when visiting the page.

Let me attempt to explain the multiple default values referred in my problem statement. I am using multiple list boxes on the page to display charts based on the context e.g I could have a Hires & Exits bar chart by different dimensions like Organization, City, Grade etc. A tab page could have such multiple list boxes and its associated charts. On navigating to the tab page, I default them to say By Organization in the first case.

Similarly, based on the context of information on each tab, I have such multiple list boxes and their respective default values assigned in the triggers for that page.

User could click on Clear while on any of these tab pages. I would like to ensure that depending upon the tab page while clicking on Clear, the default values for these list boxes be assigned.

I guess, I have been able to clear and not further complicate the explanation?

Thanks for your patient reading.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're talking about the Clear button that's part of the standard QV interface then my first post still applies. If you're talking about a button you added to the sheet yourself then you can assign as much additional actions to it as you wish. I suggest you use bookmarks to store the default selections for each sheet.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand