Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Age difference!

Hi All,

I want to calculate the age difference. For eg i want to calculate the difference in age between date of joining and date of relieving or something like that.

I want to show the difference in days,months, (Year and Months).

Hope some one can help me out!

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Search for "interval" in the QlikView help file; that should help you out. Yes

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason!

I am not able to understand with the help files. Any document with the example will be appreciated. Also will be thankful to you if you can work it on in my attached document.

With my document you can show the difference between starting date with the system date.

Not applicable
Author

The last example in the "interval" help topic shows pretty much what you are after.

Assuming the date and time formats of YY-MM-DD and hh:mm:ss, it returns the difference in days, hours and minutes between two dates:

interval( A-B, 'D hh:mm' ) where A=97-08-06 09:00:00 and B=96-08-06 00:00:00

Just substitute the format specifiers for the values that you require.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I am not able to calculate the age interval as mentioned by you as well as in the example. As i don't know how to use it in the expression as i am a newbie.

I have found this in the forum let me know whether we will get the correct value here. If it correct let me know how to calculate the difference in day,month or year as i want. With this below expression i am able to get the calculate the difference in days. Let me know how to calculate rest of the things!

=Date(Max(Date),'YYYYMMDD') - Date(Min(Date),'YYYYMMDD')

Regards,

Rikab