Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Aggr in calculated dimension not working

Hello, I'm trying to set up three calculated dimensions that I can use in a cyclic group for a chart. Each calculated dimension should show the selected values of the same field but for different alternate states. Below is my current expression:

=aggr(only({state1} [Entity Name]), [Entity Name])

=aggr(only({state2} [Entity Name]), [Entity Name])

=aggr(only({state3} [Entity Name]), [Entity Name])

I added this cyclic group to a bar chart and set the expression to =1. All I want to see right now is the dimensions change based on the cyclic. However, the only value that I'm getting is '-'. Any ideas of what is happening here?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Wait, nevermind. I figured out my problem. I had an expression on the Background Color of the expression that was causing it to fail. Removing it got it to work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Seems to be working for me here (PFA)

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Huh, that's interesting. I compared yours to mine and I can't see any difference, which makes me believe that it is my data that is causing the problem. I added the aggr() expression to a text object and it returned the correct value when one value was selected, but would show '-' when I had two or more values selected. Can you think of any reason within my data set that would cause that? The [Entity Name] field contains unique values.

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Wait, nevermind. I figured out my problem. I had an expression on the Background Color of the expression that was causing it to fail. Removing it got it to work.

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

While on this topic, do you know if it is possible to set it up so that lassoing on the bar chart will cause the selection to be in the current alternate state specified on the cyclic?