cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdilullo
Partner - Contributor III

Alert Loop Warning

Hi, I've got a problem with an "Alert Loop Warning" in my Qlikview project.

The content of the message is something like this:

"One or more circular references have been discovered in the structure of your database. They can cause ambiguous results and therefore should be avoided. QlikView will remove those circular references by setting one or more tables as loosely (by others). This setting can be changed after running the script in the property page of the document"

My intention isn't solve the loop, but HIDE this Message Alert.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Beppe

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Circular refrences in the project usually indicate a data model problem. Associative logic cannot resolve the circular loop so Qlikview breaks one of the links (arbitrary choice). So QV has altered the data model.

If this table structure is what you want you should explicitly loosen the correct reference, but this would only be useful for rather exceptional circumstances.

So, no, I don't think that you can suppress this message. Why would you want to suppress such a warning?

Hope this helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
gdilullo
Author

Tnks Jonathan for your replay.

Since I haven't the ability to change data modeling in DB, I wanted to hide this message. Another possibility could be masking the problem by taking advantage of the QV' associative logic, but I'm not sure I can do. Have you got any ideas?

Beppe

gdilullo
Author

Problem solved. Thanks anyway Jonathan

Beppe