Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alerts Emails

Anyone else having trouble getting email alerts to work after upgrading to 11.2 SR6? App alerts are no longer working for me on the server or even the desktop client. The test email, in both server and desktop, do work - just not app email alerts. Popup alerts are working fine.

6 Replies
athompsonhp
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have noticed the same results.

After upgrading to SR6 my alerts stopped.

Have you reported this issue to Support as a bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Check the authorization in the server email settings. The SR6 upgrade decided to chenge it. I put it back to anonymous and they started working again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We're seeing some QDS alert emails fail if multiple users are listed in the "Alert E-mail to System Administrators" box (separated by semi-colons).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Has this been resolved. I'm having the same issue after upgrading to SR7. Email Alerts are being sent but only for the first to email addresses.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure. We haven't seen this issue in a while, though I can't point to what fixed it for us (we've changed mail servers and a few other things in the interim).

On our current version (11.20SR6U1 or 11.20.12354), we seem to be OK for now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I resolved my issue through a lot of trial and error. I looked at the Server logs, some of email ID's were not being validated. I re-entered all of the ID's because it appeared that maybe some spaces might have been generating an invalid email address. I always use a semicolon to separate the addresses with the exception of the last address. Turns out if I add the addresses in a single string email1;email2;email3; then hit the carriage return after including the semi colon for the last address and then hit the apply button the chance of a blank or unnecessary characters was eliminated. All addresses validated and I was good to go...

It appears that the dialog for adding addresses is a bit touchy.

Problem solved and thanks for your response.

Dan