Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

All dates from Dimension in Chart

Hello,

In my Data Mart I’ve:

• A Dim_Calendar which have all the dates of the year with the following attributes:
    •                Day
    •                Month
    •                Year
  • A fact Table to store the goals of a football team;

Both have the Foot_Date to connection.

In Qlikview when a create my star schema I “loose” all dates which are not common between these tables. That’s logic.

So when I create a Chart with Dimension Day from Dim_ I only will get the dates which are present in Table Facts.  The expression used is a fact from the Fact Table:

= SUM({<id_player={P}, Foot_Date>} Nmr_Goals)

Imagine you just got in the fact table the day 15 of December forward, how do I show a chart where I appear every day of the month even if the value of the Days until 15th are 0.

That’s is possible?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Check out the attached application and see if this helps you grab what I am trying to say:

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

Have you tried unchecking 'Suppress Zero-Values' on the Presentation tab of the chart properties?

Not applicable
Author

The problem is that I don't have that dates on Fact Tables. Basically, In that dates did not happen goals so that dates were not loaded to Fact_Tables.

But, In my opinion the chart need to have all the dates and the Qlikview needs to have the capacity to get all the days of a month (from Dim_Calendar)  and not only the dates that have a fact to calculate.

sunny_talwar

if you are using Dim_Calendar as dimension, I think you should be able to get all dates.

Not applicable
Author

Do you have any ideia why I only get the days present in Fact_Table?

In Script I do "NoConcatenate" to load fact tables because I've multiple fact tables and loose data if I concatenate all of them. Can the problem be there?

sunny_talwar

Check out the attached application and see if this helps you grab what I am trying to say:

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny T I think it will help me to achieve my goal

sunny_talwar

Awesome

Not applicable
Author

I already have all the dates in my charts However, in some others charts I'm not getting all the dates, specially in charts that I'm using set analysis with columns from Fact Tables. Do you have any logic explanation  for this?

Thanks