Did you mean: 
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

All values excluded when value selected

Hi guys,

I'm not able to do something,

you can find attached the QVW

i have one column "dimension" and two listbox's with one expression each, like this:

=if(not Match(dimension,'a 1','b 1','c 1','d 1','e 1','f 1','g 1'), dimension) => for the first listbox

=if(not Match(dimension,'a','b','c','d','e','f','g'), dimension) => for the second listbox

for example, when i select a value on the first listbox, all the values for the second listbox goes grey (excluded).

i just to be able to select values on both listboxes.

PS: there is solutions on the script, but i want to do it with chart expressions (if it is possible)

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

=If(GetSelectedCount(dimension) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(dimension, FALSE(), 'AS') > 0,

Sum({$<dimension -= {'a 1','b 1','c 1','d 1','e 1','f 1','g 1'}>+AS<dimension -= {'a','b','c','d','e','f','g'}>}amount),

If(GetSelectedCount(dimension) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(dimension, FALSE(), 'AS') = 0,

Sum({$<dimension -= {'a 1','b 1','c 1','d 1','e 1','f 1','g 1'}>}amount),

If(GetSelectedCount(dimension) = 0 and GetSelectedCount(dimension, FALSE(), 'AS') > 0,

Sum({AS<dimension -= {'a','b','c','d','e','f','g'}>}amount), Sum(amount))))

View solution in original post

29 Replies
sunny_talwar

Chart expression or list box expression? Can you elaborate on what is expected?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Sunny,

by chart expression, i mean object expression, no matter which type of object (just don't want to modifiy the script)

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

But these are values from one single Dimension. Dimensionvalues dont have Connection to each other.

If you want to Connect them, use scriptview.

sunny_talwar

That is fine to not modify the script... but what is the expected output here? Is the output needed in a list box object or a chart?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

ok, for example, if i select 'a' on the first listbox, i want to see all the values (available) on the second listbox..

so 'a' on the first listbox and be able to see and select 'a 1','b 1','c 1','d 1','e 1','f 1','g 1' on the second listbox

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

I just split a column in two parts, I'll still try to do it without the script.. thank you

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

and vice versa if it is possible

sunny_talwar

Only way you can do this is by using alternate state or script modification... but since script is out of question... I would say alternate state

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

maybe alternate states then?