Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Allow Execute in Script (from QMC)

Hi Community!

I am struggling with "Execute" instruction in Qlikview's script. I want to execute a .vbs script that is stored beside the qlikview app, and I'm using the following instruction :

EXECUTE cmd /c BATCH\unzip.vbs > BATCH\unzip.log;

It works fine when run on the client interface, but required me to disable a security pop-up message by checking the box :

Settings > User Preferences > Security > Script (Allow Database Write and Execute Statements).

However, is there a way to allow the execute statement even when the app is reloaded from the QMC?

The Execute statement is ignored when doing so.

Since the setting is a "user preference", I reckon it does not apply to other users (including service account used to run from the QMC), so that would be why it doesn't work.

Thanks for your help

Emmanuel

5 Replies
emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Marcus,

I'm on QV11.20 SR12, so from what I understand of the topic you linked, I cannot allow the Execute on my app without allowing it on all other qvw's, is that correct? That would be a problem 😕

In SR11+, Execute may be allowed or disallowed for all qvws via the “AllowExecuteCommand” setting

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It's correct. It is a server wide setting that will allow executing external programs if the script allows it.

emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Miguel Angel

In that case, I think I will have to find another solution than Execute!

marcus_sommer

Maybe you could use a normal windows-task which checks each n minutes (within a certain time-frame) the value of a text-file which you could create through the script, for example with:

SetParameter: load 'run' as run autogenerate 0;

store SetParameter into SetParameter.txt (txt);

and afterwards you chnaged the parameter again in 'stopp'.

- Marcus