Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Allow Execute in Script (from QMC)

Hi Community!

I am struggling with "Execute" instruction in Qlikview's script. I want to execute a .vbs script that is stored beside the qlikview app, and I'm using the following instruction :

EXECUTE cmd /c BATCH\unzip.vbs > BATCH\unzip.log;

It works fine when run on the client interface, but required me to disable a security pop-up message by checking the box :

Settings > User Preferences > Security > Script (Allow Database Write and Execute Statements).

However, is there a way to allow the execute statement even when the app is reloaded from the QMC?

The Execute statement is ignored when doing so.

Since the setting is a "user preference", I reckon it does not apply to other users (including service account used to run from the QMC), so that would be why it doesn't work.

Thanks for your help

Emmanuel

5 Replies
emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Marcus,

I'm on QV11.20 SR12, so from what I understand of the topic you linked, I cannot allow the Execute on my app without allowing it on all other qvw's, is that correct? That would be a problem 😕

In SR11+, Execute may be allowed or disallowed for all qvws via the “AllowExecuteCommand” setting

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It's correct. It is a server wide setting that will allow executing external programs if the script allows it.

emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Miguel Angel

In that case, I think I will have to find another solution than Execute!

marcus_sommer

Maybe you could use a normal windows-task which checks each n minutes (within a certain time-frame) the value of a text-file which you could create through the script, for example with:

SetParameter: load 'run' as run autogenerate 0;

store SetParameter into SetParameter.txt (txt);

and afterwards you chnaged the parameter again in 'stopp'.

- Marcus