cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Allow USER to edit script but NOT reload it

Hi everybody,

i have a qvw-file with reduced data for USER's (done per section access). As after a reload of the script all data is shown, it is necessary that USER's are not allowed to reload the script. So far so good, everything work's well.

Additionally in our special case it's necessary that the USER can edit the script and save the changes. The reload should be done per server-task or by the ADMIN himself.

The check boxes "edit script" and "save document" in document properties both are checked. The USER can access the script but every change is gone again after leaving the edit-script-window - even if the save-button in script is pressed.

What am i doing wrong?

So, how can i allow the USER to edit the script and save the changes but forbid that he can reload the script.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Go to the Document Properties --> Security ---> Check the Edit Script and Save Document (Users) options.

This will enable user to just edit the script and save the document after publishing with the user credentials in the folder location.

Edit Script.PNG

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

go to doc propertites and in security

unselect option relaod

and leave option edit script

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Go to the Document Properties --> Security ---> Check the Edit Script and Save Document (Users) options.

This will enable user to just edit the script and save the document after publishing with the user credentials in the folder location.

Edit Script.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have absolutely no idea what i did wrong in my tests....

Now it's working!!

Sorry for wasting your time