Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

AllowExecuteCommand break periodically

We have 12 November 2017 SR3 - we are notice that the last two months about once every three weeks setup AllowExecuteCommand (C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch\Settings.ini) break periodically to =0.

As a consequence, the exchange with the execution of external commands is broken. These are catastrophic consequences for us. We have already discussed such topics on the forum, but as we understand nothing has been decided so far. Someone can explain why you need so many settings.ini files in different places with different settings, which also break down by themselves leading to disasters. Why not make the settings in the interface and make sure they do not break?

And when will developers fix this bug?

11 Replies
marcus_sommer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, we put the new version on a new server, as well as I understood the author of that topic eventually installed the 11th version, so until the end it was not clear what was the matter.

lennyvz1
Partner - Contributor III

It looks like that thread is reporting the same issue, but the solution there was to revert back to QV 11.

I have a client experiencing this same issue, but we have no interest in reverting back.

Has anyone seen an actual fix for the setting randomly reverting?

william_denholm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Over the weekend have experienced the same issue where the setting has reverted back to 0.

Will raise a case with Support but would be interested to hear if anyone else has had a resolution.

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

Yes, the problem went away when we put the 11 version, but this does not mean that it is not in 12. Apparently the problem is exactly for many users.

william_denholm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Had a reply from Qlik - It's a bug QV-12269

lennyvz1

Is there a release date for the fix?

Will it be part of the April Release?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It again happened today, it can not be bypassed with a partner, you can only wait until the bug is fixed, when this happens ???

This is a disastrous consequence!

You require such money for the product and allow such errors in the working releases, and also give no information about the correction !!!

Do you think this is a serious and responsible approach?

I no longer want to write about the heaps of settings in different files, and not as it should in one place.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As I understand again, we must suffer, a critical error is not eliminated in new SR5, but you have eliminated a lot of unimportant trifles.