Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allowing user to set minimums and maximums

Hi Qlik Community,

I have hundreds of thousands of rows of data and I would like to narrow it down. If I want to look at customers that have spent a minimum of $100 and a max of $100, how would I go about doing that while grabbing all the values in between. So far I have been using a multi-value slider but I am curious if there is an easier way.

On any ecommerce site for instance, you can add two values for the min and max that you're willing to pay and it narrows everything down for you. Is there a way to do that here? Just typing in the values rather than having to select all of them. I am creating a dashboard for a client so I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for them to use.

Thanks so much in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You probably use expressions for the min and max setting of the slider.  When you make a selection that will  change the min and max possible values. The way to prevent that is to add {1} to the expressions, i.e min({1}Value) instead of min(Value).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think the slider is probably the easiest way. But you can also use input boxes for giving variables a value. See attached example

Not applicable
Author

Thank you! And one last question. When I select the range within the slider, it updates the slider to that specific range and I can't go back to all the values unless I clear all my selections. This seems to only happen with aggregate functions. Any way to clear the slider without clearing all of the other criteria?

I've included some images below. Like if I wanted to go back to the $2k-$4k range how would I be able to do that?

Thanks again for all your help!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You probably use expressions for the min and max setting of the slider.  When you make a selection that will  change the min and max possible values. The way to prevent that is to add {1} to the expressions, i.e min({1}Value) instead of min(Value).

Not applicable
Author

That was it! Thank you so much!!!