cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternate State Dimention

Hi,

I wan't to compare data with some alternate states.

So I have 2 tables in two different states. ST1 and ST2 or in the default which is not clear for me how to set it.

To have my filters and calculations done there is no problem they are linked to the state I needed ST1 or ST2 and with set analysis I got my results.

Now we have several dimentions linked to those tables to show and hide column in both tables that are in the default state.

So for example if I show the year column it shows the year column in both tables. If I select a year filter for ST1 then I got my result for ST1 and if I select my year filter for ST2 then I got my result for ST2 which is working fin.

But now when I wan't to drill down on my year dimention in the ST1 table it uses the default state and changes the time in both tables.

So how can I link that dimention that needs to be made visable in both tables in one table to ST1 and in the other table to ST2.

If I duplicate my dimention selectors then this will work but then I have to double more then 40 dimentions and makethem available on the screen which is not a good idee I think. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thx

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi seoco_be,

You can use :: to transfer selections between states:

Sum({ST1<Year=ST2::Year>} Values)

Regards!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That I already tried to add a calculated dimention as =aggr(only({$<[Calendar Year]=AS_TimePeriod::[Calendar Year]>} [Calendar Year]), [Calendar Year]) but it seems not to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you share one example please?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Manuel,

I have attached one see in my previous reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I haven't see it.

You can change your dimensions like this: sum({1*ST2}SALES), and your selections on ST1 will not affect to ST2, but visible fields will work.

Regards!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry but I don't understand.

The problem is when I click on the year  or quarter or month or week or day field in the left table than that selection is not linked to my ST1 but to the normal state. It should only effect the left table. For ST2 it should only effect the right table.now it effects both tables. The expressions are working fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi seoco,

I understand, but your objects haven't any State, and your dimensions don't be affected by states.

You only have alternate states on your expressions, that's the reason why your choices affect both graphs. As you have in the graph on the left the year 2015 selected, and in the graph on the right the year 2014, selecting 2014 in the graph on the right you won't see anything on the graph on the left, because the state is 2015, and not 2014.

If you really expect is that the selections do not affect both graphs, the expressions have to change so that I mentioned earlier.

Regards!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I all understand this. But is there no way that you can select the year, or quarter or an other time dimension in the left table and the filters are updated for that year or quarter in the left filter set. And this the same for the right table. But if you show hide a column it should effect both tables.

Even if apply ST1 to the left table and ST2 to the right table I still can't get it working. Then my show/hide columns are not working anymore. Maybe this totally not possible but something that is very common used.

For the moment I have some kind love/hate relation with QlikView

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi seoco,

You do not have to apply the transfer of states in dimmensions, you have to apply in expressions. The dimensions will come from what is calculated in the expression, because it is there where you are filtering information to display.

That is the reason because you have to modify your expressions.

Rregards!!