cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternate State Dimention

Hi,

I wan't to compare data with some alternate states.

So I have 2 tables in two different states. ST1 and ST2 or in the default which is not clear for me how to set it.

To have my filters and calculations done there is no problem they are linked to the state I needed ST1 or ST2 and with set analysis I got my results.

Now we have several dimentions linked to those tables to show and hide column in both tables that are in the default state.

So for example if I show the year column it shows the year column in both tables. If I select a year filter for ST1 then I got my result for ST1 and if I select my year filter for ST2 then I got my result for ST2 which is working fin.

But now when I wan't to drill down on my year dimention in the ST1 table it uses the default state and changes the time in both tables.

So how can I link that dimention that needs to be made visable in both tables in one table to ST1 and in the other table to ST2.

If I duplicate my dimention selectors then this will work but then I have to double more then 40 dimentions and makethem available on the screen which is not a good idee I think. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thx

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have tried but it still does not working as it should be.

Can you give an example?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi seoco,

See first for do it with expressions, and see second tab to see how do it only with alternate states.

Regards!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Manuel,

This is incredible. I already tried this and it was also not working.

When I open the version you have send to me it is working perfect. When I adjust my local version it still does not work.

So to be clear you just added the left filters and Chart to ST1 and the right filter and chart to ST2  whithout set analysis and the dimentions inherited. Right?

My developer version is 11.20 SR12

Br,

M

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Left chart is ST1 and Right chart is ST2. There isn't set analisys, and dims are normal dims.

I have created a Variable with Concat to force use inherit selections.

See the variable and conditions on charts.

My versión es 11.20 SR11. There isn't any known bug about Alternate States on SR12.

Regards!