cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bxprokop
Contributor II
Contributor II

Alternate State and Percentiles

I have a Qlikview Application I am working on and am having difficulty with a couple formulas / functions.

1. In the attached application, I have a Expression Target Company that uses an Alternative State.  All Other Expressions do not.  How do I adjust the Table to only display Categories without a Null Value or Zero?

2. I can't figure out how to write a formula that will define what Percentile the Target Compay falls into (i.e. 10th, 25th.......>95th).  I have set up an Expression field for this formula.  In addition, I would like to setup Conditional formatting to highlight in yellow the Percentile the Target Company fall into.

Let me know, if and how this can be done.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

4 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

See if my replying will kick this back up to see if someone may be able to help given you attached a qvw file etc.  The only thing I could really do on this one is point you to the Help:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Examples%20of%2...

Hopefully that might help to a degree in the meantime, hopefully someone else with better development skills may be able to have a look and give you some further pointers here.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
sunny_talwar

Do you need this

image.png

Newuser101
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Could you please put the code you used for this in the group - I can't seem to download the qvw file and I have a very similar issue

sunny_talwar

For the percentile calculation, I used this

If(Len(Trim(Column(2))) > 0,
	If(Column(2) <= Column(6), '10th',
		If(Column(2) <= Column(7), '25th',
			If(Column(2) <= Column(8), '40th',
				If(Column(2) <= Column(9), '50th',
					If(Column(2) <= Column(10), '60th',
						If(Column(2) <= Column(11), '75th',
							If(Column(2) <= Column(12), '80th',
								If(Column(2) <= Column(13), '85th',
									If(Column(2) <= Column(14), '90th',
										If(Column(2) <= Column(15), '95th', '>95th'))))))))))
)

For removing additional rows, I used the following if statement for all expressions expect the second one

If(Len(Trim(Column(2))) > 0, ...)