Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alternate States - Is it possible to create a global synchronization ?

Hi,

I'm using the new v11 feature "alternate state".

=> Do you know if it's possible to synchronize "alernate states" for the whole document ?

Details :

I'd like to create an alternate state independant of the default state ($) except for one field (Region) (that is to say, I want to synchronize this field between my state and the default one). I know how to do it using set analysis (using the [mysstate]$$: syntax), but I can't use set analysis on table box (as there are no expressions in it). And, in my dreams, I would prefer to set fields synchronization between states once for the whole document and then use only heritage than

using synchronization set analysis in each expression of each chart.

Best regards

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If I understood correctly, I think you can do this using a trigger on select / changes in your default state field and then a select in field action for the alternate state field.

This should keep your fields synchronized.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Nice suggestion,

I think, if there is no official way to do it (and I think it doesn't exist :), your idea is the best.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I'm gonna follow your suggestion,

But do you know the syntax to set "selections on field 1" = "selections on field2" with an action if multiple selections are allowed ?

Best regards

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not completely sure if I got your last request correctly, something like discussed here?

http://community.qlik.com/message/151036

Not applicable
Author

OK,

thanks, I now have a workaround for global sync

Best regards

Not applicable
Author

Could you share your workaround? I'm interested!

Thanks in advance!

Not applicable
Author

So just read mails above considered as useful info