Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alternating Fields in Bar Chart

I have created bar chart.

As dimension I use [Authenticated User] field for the chart.

The thing is - this field displays only Usernames, and I want it to display full names.

That is why I made LEFT JOIN with the table and I have managed to get Full names for respective usernames.

Problem is - it can rarely happen that some usernames do not have corresponding Full names (these are some special usernames)

In that case I would like my chart legend to display username and not full name.

Is that possible and if yes, please how can I do it?

Thanks

D.

edit:

is it possible to create "Dynamic dimension" with something like following code:

if

[Authenticated user] <> ''
then Full_Name
else
[Authenticated user]

13 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, use a MAPPING LOAD

Peter

Not applicable
Author

hey Peter!
I considered this option.

However, I am not sure how can I in that case display, usernames that do NOT have corresponding First_NAME (Vorname) and Last_NAME (Nachname).

Is it possible to make an if statement in Sessions table that will consider this? If yes, can you please tell me how?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The script example with MAPPING LOAD creates a new field in Sessions called Full_Name that will contain either:

• the concatenation of Vorname + Nachname if Vorname is Non-NULL, or
  • the value of [Authenticated user] if Vorname is empty or NULL.

This is all done by the call to applymap(). The mapping table will not have any entries for users with a missing Vorname. Therefore the lookup will fail and applymap() will resort to the value of the third parameter.

So in your chart, just use Full_Name and everything will be fine

Peter

Not applicable
Author

You are completely right!
It works!

Thanks for your support