Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

Alternative States - subset of default selections

I would like to implement Alternative States in a form of comparative analysis, however all the examples I can find are not quite what is required. They always seem to allow product vs product but what I want is product vs subset of product.

In other words what I'm looking for is two sets, one being the default selection set of the document (easy enough) - and the other being an alternative state set which is the default selection plus any further selections from a series of listboxes / multibox.

E.g:

using region / countries as an example - user picks 'Europe' from Region anywhere in the document and both chart A + B show Europe.

Region options of Africa, Americas, etc are not available to both the default and alternate charts.

User can then cycle view / drill down to country and pick UK in a list box. This will show in chart B while keeping all European countries in chart A.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Hope that example made sense!

4 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think you don't need alternate states but I should work on expressions and dimensions:

In your first table try to check "Show all Values"

Not applicable

I can imagine taht you have this camparision on one of your sheets.

If yes, you may:

1. copy selections from application into defined alternate state during sheet oppening (there is trigger for that).

2. user may do additional selections on that sheet in both states and investigate results.

regards

Darek

tresesco
MVP
MVP

See attached sample. Expression like:

= sum({$+[st1]<Country =[st1]::Country>}Sales)

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You could do it like this:

• Create a drill group with fields Region and Country
  • Create a list box using this drill group
  • Create chart A with Region as the main dimension
  • Create chart B with the drill group as the main dimension

This will allow you to drill down to the country in the list box. Chart A will follow the region and Chart B will follow the drill down.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein