Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternative for concatenation to flag data?

I have a csv file about 480 MB. It has 8 columns. column 5 to 8 are data columns which i concatenate one by one in order to flag the kind of data it has. This 4 tyimes concatenation is causing huge perf issue. Even I do the alternative of Crosstable, same problem. Please advice any other alternative.

13 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Temp:

Load [Country Id],[Mfr ID], Period, Company, Data1, Data2, Data3, Data4 From YourQVDName;

Final:
Load [Country Id],[Mfr ID], Period, Company, 'Abs' as Flag, Data1 as Value Resident Temp;

Load [Country Id],[Mfr ID], Period, Company, 'Exc' as Flag, Data2 as Value Resident Temp;

Load [Country Id],[Mfr ID], Period, Company, 'Res' as Flag, Data3 as Value Resident Temp;

Load [Country Id],[Mfr ID], Period, Company, 'USD' as Flag, Data4 as Value Resident Temp;

Drop Table Temp;

=============================================

First load full data from QVD rather than loading 4 different times. Now use Resident load which is much faster than Optimized Load... This will definitely reduce your load time...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you. Yes it did reduce my load time! It would be helpful if you can also guide how to reduce the size of the table. As my primary concern is sizeas it increases my QVw size a lot and make the data modeling slower. Thank you.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

There is no way to reduce the size as you want to load all data and also want to transform the table with different flags...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah.. okay.. Thanks a lot!!