Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Alternative to the system variables removed as of November 2018?

Until QlikView November 2018 there where a couple of system variables defining workpaths and exe-paths of QlikView. 

System variables november 2017System variables november 2017

As of the 2018 release these variables where removed, but I can't find any documentation stating that the variables where removed or why they where removed. I would expect this info to be found in the release notes of November 2018. If you have any info about the reason for removing please post a comment.

As the variables no longer exists I am looking for a workaround. I am trying to display the full folder location of my QVW file in the end user application. 

I can use bot script and front end solution as I have full control of both scripting and layouts.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I actually get to help you for a change! 🙂  I found the Jira ID QV-16113, it was flagged as a security risk, but there is a setting to make it work the old way:

Introducing new server (and QVB) setting "EnablePathMacros", default is 0, set to 1 to get old behavior back. When set to 0 WinRoot, WinPath, QvPath, QvWorkPath, QvRoot and QvWorkRoot should be undefined for document loaded in server (or reloaded in QVB).

Hope this is what you needed and that it works!  That setting goes in the [Settings 7] area.  

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I actually get to help you for a change! 🙂  I found the Jira ID QV-16113, it was flagged as a security risk, but there is a setting to make it work the old way:

Introducing new server (and QVB) setting "EnablePathMacros", default is 0, set to 1 to get old behavior back. When set to 0 WinRoot, WinPath, QvPath, QvWorkPath, QvRoot and QvWorkRoot should be undefined for document loaded in server (or reloaded in QVB).

Hope this is what you needed and that it works!  That setting goes in the [Settings 7] area.  

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanks @Brett_Bleess 

It is great to get an explanation to why these variables disappeared.  

I actually found a workaround for my issue utilizing the output from  DocumentPath() , but I'll keep your new info on my mind for future use. 

BR 
Vegar