Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

'Always one value selected' not working via Access Point

Hi,

One of my reports contains a list box with 'Only One Value Selected' enabled against a list of cancer targets, to prevent users from selecting multiple targets. Recently this has stopped working, but only via Access Point.  If I open the report as a developer, using a named user CAL, it works fine, a value is selected by default and I can only select one value at a time, both in normal and in web view.  However, when I open the report via Access Point there is no value selected by default and the user is able to select multiple options.

The only change I can think of is that we upgraded to v11.20.13206.0 SR13 a couple of months ago.  Could this be a bug with that version?

This report was created before we upgraded to the latest version.  As a test I just created a new document with a new list box and that works fine!

Thanks 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Reubin - I appreciate your help!

I have solved this now - merely by deleting the META and SHARED files associated with the original document.  This seems to have reset whatever glitch had got into it.

I realised that having taken a straight copy of the document, which I opened via Access Point prior to making any changes, the list box was working correctly, therefore there was no problem with the original document. I don't know which of the two files had caused the issue but deleting them both has worked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Helen, when there is no value selected, the 'Always one value selected' option will be disabled, so the problem here is : why there is no value selected when you open the document?Have you checked the source document directly?

Also, when you open the document via Access Point, it will be as an user, not as an administrator, maybe the security is removing the default value selected, and the option is disabled.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Reubin.

There is definitely one value selected and it works correctly when opening as a developer.  This report has been in use for over 2 years and has had no recent development/changes.  It has worked correctly via Access Point all this time and the only recent change has been the upgrade of our software, which is why I wondered if it is a bug, such that reports developed in our previous version (SR2) are not working 100% correctly with SR13.  As I said, if I create a new document and apply this feature to a list box there are no issues. It is only with a document that was created prior to our recent software upgrade.  I have suggested to the developer that he recreate the list box and see if that fixes it.  Other than that I think the whole app will have to be recreated in a new document...

rubenmarin

Hi Helen, it's a good try to recreate the list box or the field, I just tried to give other things to check.

It will be good to know if it worked after recreating the list.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Reubin - I appreciate your help!

I have solved this now - merely by deleting the META and SHARED files associated with the original document.  This seems to have reset whatever glitch had got into it.

I realised that having taken a straight copy of the document, which I opened via Access Point prior to making any changes, the list box was working correctly, therefore there was no problem with the original document. I don't know which of the two files had caused the issue but deleting them both has worked.