Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohannEls
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Amalgamate Two Dimensions into One that represents different Expressions on the same line

Hi

I sit with the following scenario that I just cannot get a solution for:

I need to calculate a Loss Ratio (ClaimAmt/Premium).

Dimension: CalcPeriod

Expressions: ClaimAmt, Premium, LossRatioPerc

The trick however is to get the correct sum of the ClaimAmt and the Premium on the same line, trying to aggregate it with a single amalgamated period Dimension that I called the “CalcPeriod”, which in the case of the ClaimAmt is the DateOfLossPeriod and in the case of the Premium, is the FinancialPeriod. (Both the Periods have a many to many relationship and cannot be linked to each other as they are two totally separate entities.) A financial Period may have a few DateOfLossPeriods associated with it and a DateOfLossPeriod may have a few FinancialPeriods associated with it. The trick that I have to get right is to have ONLY ONE dimension set that amalgamates the two periods in one column called CalcPeriod, which will range from say M01Y2013 to M12Y2013 that will REPRESENT BOTH the FinancialPeriod for the Premium Expression Column and the DateOfLossPeriod for the Claim Expression Column on the same line.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

J

0 Replies