Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Anchor points within a sheet

Hello

With full intention I aim to build a dashboard which will be very scroll bar intensive (The user will be scrolling up and down the dashboard with their mouse)

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to create anchor points/ hyperlinks within a sheet, so a user can jump from part of the sheet to another part of the same sheet, and if so, could anyone share an example on how this effect is created

Kind Regards

Helen

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

To avoid this scroll bar, I would suggest you to design your app in 1024*768 window...

Menu Bar - > View - > Resize Window - > 1024*768

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Balraj

Thank you for your suggestion and I really appreciate your comment, however my intention is to have a scroll up/down tecchnique

I have amended my original post to include this, so hopefully there is no further confusion

We are trying to move away from the traditional 1024*768 so the user has less clicking and more scrolling instead, as they would on a traditional web page

If you ahve any further suggestion, it would be appreciated

Kind Regards

Helen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Extremely Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

And when it comes to best practices, people use to avoid this scrolling but I am quite surprise that you want to have full scroll bar in your app.

Why it is required??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Helen,

Real estate is always a concern when designing Qlik apps.  We strive whenever possible to stay within the ( Best Practice ) of 1024 x 768 parameters so that there is minimum scrolling.  So, I don't really have an answer to your specific question about Hyperlinks, but I do have a couple suggestions.   We use container objects on many of our dashboards.  These containers enable you to add 5 or 6 charts or tables to the same space on the screen and simply click on the next tab to display.  For that matter, you could have as many sheets as necessary and just click on the tabs at the top. One of our dashboards has 27 different sheets depending on the type of data displayed.  If you wanted to just stay on one sheet, you could create buttons, that would hide one object and replace it with another in the same space.  If you are scrolling to see new data, you are not looking at the data on the top of the screen at the same time anyway.  On one of our dashboards, we have a button that toggles to hide and show two container objects.  We can therefore get 12 charts in one small space and can see them all pretty quickly with a click of a mouse button. You don't need to use containers.  You could also use triggers to hide and show sheets or objects based on current selections or variables.   So, I am sure you probably have a logical explanation for why you think you want to exceed 1024 x 768, but I hope I have given you some good work around suggestions.

Good Luck and Happy New Year!

Mike

PS.  If you have to click on a hyperlink to get to a section on a screen, how would that be any different than just clicking a button

Not applicable

Best practices is to avoid scroll bars when possible especially on non detail level tabs)

There are several options you can choose from

containers - multiple objects within the same space - you can then select which ones you want to see

hide/show - you can have your charts display conditionally based on something to all charts are not vidable at the same time

break up into multiple sheets - if you have so many objects that you need to scroll, use more than one sheet - you can adde buttons/text boxes that can navigate across sheets

combiantion of the above