Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andre_ficken
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Any experience with webconnectors and RAET API??

Hello fellow community participants,

At one of my customers I am faced with the request for data from an older application,  by dutch company RAET,  called Roosterweb. This is an application that is used to plan people in a multi-shift 24 by 7 schedule.

RAET provides an API that should allow 3rd parties like Qlik to extract data from that database. I have done some reading about the WEB connectors, but unfortunately that is as far as my knowledge about them really extends....

Is there anybody out there who has touched this API in combination with Qlik and the WEBconnector??

RAET was helpful enough to sent a extreme small bit of info about the API that I have attached it to this message.

It is all in dutch, but if you are not a dutch reader, I am happy to translate the documents for you.

I am looking forward to any helpfull hints, tips and trics...

Txs, André

5 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Looking at the documentation for this it should be quite straightforward to implement and read from Roosterweb . However the "Qlik Web Connector - General Web Connector" has to be licensed - it is not free. The Qlik REST Connector however should be more than suffcient for connecting with Roosterweb.

andre_ficken
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Petter, Thanks for the quick reply, but you assumed that I would be a REST connector literate, which I am unfortunately not at all. From the documentation I also concluded that it should not be too difficult, but after about 6 hours trying without any tangible results, I had to revise my earlier conclusion.

Some possible examples and further explanation on the REST connector, other than the standard documentation, would be appreciated.

Txs, André

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well I am a REST Connector literate. If you happen to have a test-account for a the Roosterweb it would be much quicker for me to make you a proff-of-concept in 15 minutes and then I could document it for the Community for others to benefit from....

andre_ficken
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

The organisation that I do this work for will not allow the userid and password to be distributed. But I can mail it to you for personal use and documentation use as long as you leave the specific info out of the documentation. The content is liable to privacy laws and regulations.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes I fully understand and I wouldn't expect you to post the test-user or test-password or anything like it on a public forum. Please mail me at petter@skjolden.no. I will keep it strictly confidential. If you want you could also SMS me if you feel that either the user-id or the password should be sent on a different "channel". My phone is +47 45832800.