Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III

App Size varied after moving to Microsoft Azure Environment...??

we are working on a migration project, as a part of that we moved all our Qlikview apps from local server to Azure Environment by maintaining the similar folders and all. 

Once after the reload the Qlik app size in the Azure Cloud is 96 MB where as the original app size is 49 MB, which is bit strange...

1. both apps are showing the same range of data i.e both apps are showing date till today. 

2. even we  have replaced all the Qvds/Text files from local server to Cloud env and reloaded the cloud app, but still the app size is 96 MB. 

Any pointers for this uneven file Size improvement in the Cloud. 

it would be really helpful if some one come up with few suggestions...Thanks Much in advance...

Best Regards,

Dhasharadh.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There are few things which could play a role:

1. version of qlikview you run on local vs version installed on Azure
  2. File compression can play a role. see this for a reference: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/User_Preference...
  3. OS - are you using the same OS in both environments?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the Quick response Lech,
1. yes version is different in both, Local server is Qv 11 where as the Azure cloud is Qv 12, but its bit strange for me that version change create this huge variance in the app Sizes...???
2. file compression is high for both of the apps, except few Absolute paths nothing we have changed in the script or UI settings while migrating.
3. Local server is windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise, RAM 192 GB Service Pack1 , where as MS Azure Cloud is Windows server 2016 Data Centre, RAM 52 GB.

Please do let me know if you need more information on this. Thanks Again.

Best Regards,
Dhasharadh.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Unless you run the same versions of OS and software i would not compare the sizes. I would only check if number of records loaded is the same (row & column count)

you could also create PRJ folder and compare individual file components to see what is making up the biggest differece

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.