cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applymap not producing data

Hello community,

I'm having some trouble with an Apply map function.

Put simply, I'm trying to add the price of a product on a template, and the price of that product on the web, onto my main transactions table.

The joining field is called 'Order_Join', and I have checked to make sure that they do indeed link up.

However, when I apply the mapping load, the resulting field is showing Order_Join, an alpha-numeric key, rather than the corresponding price data from the Mapping load.

Mapping:

Mapping.png

Apply map:

apply map.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Henry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Actually, it looks like the only reason this is happening is because I haven't specified the default value for non-matches.

Where a match is found, it does bring it back, as shown below:

correct answer.png

Oops, thanks anyway guys!

View solution in original post

16 Replies
its_anandrjs

Check did you use right tablename in mapping.

its_anandrjs

In the Applymap on the table you have to be same number of fields that you have in Mapping table unless it would not map check please.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Can you share a screenshot of a table box with Order_Join, Unit_Price and PK_ORDER fields when you are linking the tables instead of mapping?

prieper
Master II
Master II

The outcome is an indication that there was not a single match found.

Did you check the field "Order_Join" to have really the contents needed for the mapping, i.e. typically you may need to control for leading 0s in the Product_ID and check, how the weeknumber is shown (1 or 01). Keep in mind that mapping is case-sensitive.

Kushal_Chawda

Make sure that the Order_Join in $(Table2)_TEMP2 table is having matching values that created in Mapping tables

its_anandrjs

Check few of this points.

1. Mapping Load tables will load first and then the that table where its applymap required.

2. Key field in mapping table and also Fact table are using same sequence.

3. First load mapping table and check its output will it give proper or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your replies guys.  I'm just loading the data in without drop statements so I can analyse the results (it's 50 million rows, so please bear with me )  

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Where are you using DROP statements in above script?

prieper
Master II
Master II

for testing makes sense to use only smaller dataset (two months) ...