Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Apps suddenly stopping creating log_files!?

Hi,

I have a strange phenomenon - that I had once before, though:

After I've worked on an app with rather a lot of data in it - it suddenly stopped generating log_files. The setting is of course still the same. I tried first saving it in a different directory and then saving it with a different name, but it's still not working.

I even restarted the entire machine just now.

I only have the SHARED file in the directory alongside the qvw.

Has anyone had that before and could tell me what the reason for this might be - and how I might avoid it or work around it?

I have to run this app through QMC every time because it involves an ODBC_connect which for some reason doesn't work locally on my machine, so there is absolutely nothing I can do without the log.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using Publisher ?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

thanks for the quick answer!

No, we just have QlikViewServer, the SBE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for advising, I'll avoid making a lengthy suggestion re Publisher.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

I'm still clueless. My only idea is, my script queries our production_database twice because I need one filter the first time and another (but not the first one) the second time. Maybe that is too much and it somehow makes QlikView get stuck.

I'll try with just one big LOAD from the database and several small RESIDENT LOADs.

Let's see.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

it seems that the cache was full or something, and a Restart was not quite enough to clear it.

It seems to be working again now ...

I'll nevertheless try to combine my two SQL_SELECTs into just one bigger one and store that as a temp_qvd and then do several LOADs from that instead.

Best regards,

DataNibbler