Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.
What is very painful in all documents which are available online I don't see document with "easy" concept of storing files which are implemented with one of recommended architecture:
From my side, we have maybe ~30 views on teradata db ( with small amount of rows ) it means that I'll have to create ~30 extracts, but what next.
- How do we setup environment directories / variables etc
- Where should I store qvd files, qvw
- Should I implement external cmd script to prepare all extracts?
- What about scripts which will calculate rest from qvd ( maybe to another qvds )
- What about versioning and implementation of configuration files, migration between evironments.
I was thinking about something like:
All databases ( just 2, 3 ) should be stored in configuration file eg: // don't bother syntax for OS //
## configuration file
extract_path = global_path+"data/in"
some_database = environment_name + "_some_database"
some_database_two = environment_name + "_some_database_two"
Any concepts ?