cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hbandari3636
Contributor III
Contributor III

Assigning Document CAL from one Application to other in the same server

Can I transfer Document Cals from one application to another application in the same server without the process of deleting all the document cals from one application and wait until 7 days for those which are used in the last 7 days and reassigning them to the new application. we are trying to create a new version of the same application but slight change in the folder structure of existence and hence wanted to avoid the manual work of doing all the above tasks. Can we edit the Calldata.pgo xml file in such a way that the user tags from old application can be copied to the new?  Please let us know if there is a easy way possible in doing this.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Regards,

Hemantha.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is no means to do what you wish, and that is by design to prevent abuse of the Document CALs.  You cannot edit the CalData.pgo either, it is mostly machine code, doing so will likely corrupt the file causing you to have to recreate all your document CAL assignments.  If you need to do things like this, the most efficient thing would be to carry some extra document CALs to allow for these situations.  

Here is a link to the Product Terms which explains things in further details as to what you can and cannot do:

QlikView Product Terms pdf 

Shout if you have further questions.  You may of course engage your account manager as well to present your dilemma to see if they may be able to help you out too.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is no means to do what you wish, and that is by design to prevent abuse of the Document CALs.  You cannot edit the CalData.pgo either, it is mostly machine code, doing so will likely corrupt the file causing you to have to recreate all your document CAL assignments.  If you need to do things like this, the most efficient thing would be to carry some extra document CALs to allow for these situations.  

Here is a link to the Product Terms which explains things in further details as to what you can and cannot do:

QlikView Product Terms pdf 

Shout if you have further questions.  You may of course engage your account manager as well to present your dilemma to see if they may be able to help you out too.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.