Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Authorized only excluding Actulas

Hi All, I have this very simple example attached. I have Authorized field and then I have Actuals field. I would like to know what is in Authorized which is not in Actuals. I would like to do on front end only.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

p() means possible. I'm afraid I don't understand what you want. You already seem to have the list of Original RecipientName values that do not exist in Actuals. A possible problem is that you and Qlikview have different definitions of equal. Qlikview is case-sensitive and that means that US\Faisal Mehmood is not the same as us\Faisal Mehmood. If you want to compare these values then I recommend you use the Upper or Lower function in the script on both these fields to make sure they have the same capitalization.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw

Not applicable
Author

Thanks

aggr(only({<Authorized -= p(Actuals) >}Authorized),Authorized)

Can You please explain 

Gysbert_Wassenaar

aggr( ...something... ,Authorized): create a list of values; for each value of Authorized one value of something

only( ...set_modifier... Authorized): Return the value of Authorized, but only if the value is part of the set defined by the set modifier

{<Authorized -= p(Actuals) >}: restrict the set of Authorized values to those values that don't occur in the field Actuals

Not applicable
Author

I am attaching my TEst5.qvw. Please let me know if we can do the same to get Original Recipient only. Thanks for your help.

= p(Actuals),, what does p means here.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

p() means possible. I'm afraid I don't understand what you want. You already seem to have the list of Original RecipientName values that do not exist in Actuals. A possible problem is that you and Qlikview have different definitions of equal. Qlikview is case-sensitive and that means that US\Faisal Mehmood is not the same as us\Faisal Mehmood. If you want to compare these values then I recommend you use the Upper or Lower function in the script on both these fields to make sure they have the same capitalization.

Not applicable
Author

Thnaks