Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

Auto Create Folder

Dear all,

I notice that there is this new behavior in 12.20SR6. QlikView will auto create folder if it does not exist. Previously there is no such behavior. Job will fail if the folder does not exist. Now QlikView created many unnecessary folders due to the typo in the path and messed the whole folder structure.

Anyone else facing the same issue?

5 Replies
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III
Author

BUMP this thread... any idea if there is any setting that I can change to keep the old behaviour where it won't create the folders automatically?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

To which folder are you referring here, need further details in order to have a look at things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Brett,

I'm referring to the folder when we use the "STORE" function in the script to store the QVD. Previously, the script will failed if the folder does not exist. But now, it will automatically create the folder if it does not exist.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I have not seen such an setting in QlikView nor Qlik Sense. I guess you will need to manual check before storing a file.

Sub storeqvd (_table, _folder)
if FileTime('$(_folder)')
Store [$(_table)] into [$(_folder)/$(_table).qvd];
Else
Trace $(_folder) does not exist;
End if
End sub

MyTable:
Load *
From source;
Call storeqvd('MyTable', 'C:/MyFolder/')

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Vegar is on the only track available, here is the Help on things:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Sc...

It basically seems to indicate the path must be valid, i.e. the folder has to exist etc., so the only way I would see to automate things would be some sort of IF statement in the load script along with a variable etc. along the lines of Vegar's solution I think.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.