Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Auto hiding of list box after selection is made

Hi Community,

I'm looking for a solution to the folowing issue. I have a listbox which is conditionally displayed on clicking a button (text object actually). An action is set on text object to change variable value which is then passed to conditional display of the listbox. When the user makes the selection it's needed to click the text object again in order for the listbox to disappear. It looks like a drop down list as the listbox is displayed just below the text object on top of the charts below.

What I want to archieve is to automatically hide the list box after the selection is made (without the need to click the text object again) - just like the in the drop down list.

Any ideas how to do that?

Wojtek

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Trigger ->Field Event Triggers->Field(Item in my app)->On Select.... Check it....Magic!!!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am note sure

you can define "conditional layout" = getselectedcount(yourfieldInListbox)=0

as soon as you elect something the listbox will be hidden

you Need to add Action to textobject or button to reset the selection by

clear field yourfieldInListbox

Gysbert_Wassenaar

On the layout tab select the option Conditional and enter an expression like:

=NOT GetSelectedCount(MyFieldNameHere).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Sorry that I was not precise enough. The listbox has 'always one value selected' checked so the user selection means replacing currect selection with different one. Therefore GetSelectedCount will always return 1.

Any other ideas much appreciated.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be like attached sample?

Not applicable
Author

This is it! GREAT!

But I cannot figure out how you managed to change v1 value to 0 when selection is made.

Magic?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Trigger ->Field Event Triggers->Field(Item in my app)->On Select.... Check it....Magic!!!

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks!