Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Average of calculated formula

Hi all

I am trying to get an average of a calculated field for the past 12 months values.

In a chart when I include the month dimension and have the total mode set to 'Average of Rows' the output on the total row shows my expected average. However, I don't wish to show each of the months - only the 12 month average, but when I remove the Month dimension the figure changes.

Can anyone suggest how I can show the average of the rows when only displaying the single row? I have tried a pivot table and this too results in 98 rather than 114.

avg.png

Many thanks

Scott

5 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Then you should use the Aggr() function:

Avg(Aggr(Sum(WIP+DEBT+DAYS), MonthYear))

You may need to replace Sum(WIP+DEBT+DAYS) with what you want to calculate your average on.

HIC

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Try Something like below..

if(Dimensionality() <> 0,

Avg(Aggr(SUM(WIP+DEBT+DAYS),[Supervisiong Timekeeper (STK)] , MonthYear)),

Avg({1}Aggr(SUM({1} WIP+DEBT+DAYS), [Supervisiong Timekeeper (STK)],InvoiceMonthYear))

)

Yousef_Amarneh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

use total function

Yousef Amarneh
Not applicable
Author

scotthay wrote:

Hi all

I am trying to get an average of a calculated field for the past 12 months values.

In a chart when I include the month dimension and have the total mode set to 'Average of Rows' the output on the total row shows my expected average. However, I don't wish to show each of the months - only the 12 month average, but when I remove the Month dimension the figure changes.

Can anyone suggest how I can show the average of the rows when only displaying the single row? I have tried a pivot table and this too results in 98 rather than 114.

avg.png

Many thanks

Scott

To add to the above after trying the suggestions I am still not able to achive what I am after. I will try to detail my issue further.

aveage2.png

I have reduced the number of months to 3 and to explain:

The Wip Days expression is

sum(W_DAYS_GBP)/sum([WIP Amount GBP] )

and my aggr function in both objects is

avg(Aggr(Sum(W_DAYS_GBP), MonthYear, [Supervising Timekeeper (STK)]))

/

avg(Aggr(Sum([WIP Amount GBP]), MonthYear, [Supervising Timekeeper (STK)]))

The figure I am after in the bottom object should be 60 and not 42 - any suggestions will be most welcome!

Thanks

danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try this:

avg(aggr(avg(WIP+DEBT+DAYS),MonthYear))

and set the Total Mode to Expression Total.