cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Average rank

Hi!

I'm trying to create an average rank calculation for the best days of every product. This is what I got this far:

QV.png

So I have the sales, and rank of each product for every day. So these numbers means for example that Product A was ranked 1 on 2015-09-01, 2015-09-02 and 2015-09-03 for all products those days. And that expression looks like this:

aggr(rank(Sales),Date,Product)

What I want to do now is to calculate the average rank for the 10 best days for this product, and to remove the date field as dimension.

So for Product A I only want one row like this:

ProductAverage rank
Product A2.7

And 2.7 here is calculated from:

(1+1+1+2+2+2+3+4+5+6)/10 = 2.7

How do I need to change my expression to be able to get this as a result?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
11 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Provide sample data to work.. or sample application..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here's both a QVW-file and a spreadsheet with data.

Note that it is not the exact same data as in my previous post, but the format is the same.

Since I only included 10 days in the data, we can take average rank of top 5 days.

So Product A in my example should generate (1+1+1+2+2)/5 = 1.4

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Sorry Kim but I am still not getting how you got 1+1+1+2+2.

Can you provide the logic behind this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you're looking at Product A and the ranks, you can see that it's been ranked at #1 for 3 days, and #2 for 2 days, right? So Product A has been the best seller for 3 of the days, among all products for those days.

So if I want to calculate the average rank for the top 5 highest ranked days for Product A, I would take (1+1+1+2+2)/5.

Does that make sense?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Yes... Let me work on this now...!

Is that OK if we can have solution at script level?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

I'd rather have it in the expression since it can depend different dimensions/selections. But if you find a solution in the scripts that can work as well!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If it helps, I've manage to create an expression that gives me the average rank for the 5 days with highest sales for the product, like this:

avg(

if(aggr(rank(Sales),Product,Date)<6,

aggr(rank(Sales),Date,Product),NULL()))

But I don't want the average rank for the top 5 selling days, I want the average rank for the top 5 days with the highest rank. But it's close

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

CHECK !

Kushal_Chawda

Is your ranking is correct?

I am getting different ranking. I am not sure if you are using any other logic