Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back/Forward action buttons not loading on AJAX tolbar

I have run into an issue where the back and forward action buttons on the AJAX toolbar do not load when a specific QVW is opened on the access point in the AJAX client.  The other applications do not have this issue and I have tried recreating the document from the -prj folder as well as removing and adding back in individual objects.  I have also removed all extensions and triggers and the behavior persists.  I've tested other large (1.3GB+) applications on the same server and this issue does not occur.

My question is, has anyone had this issue before?  If so, was there a specific object or application function that causes it?  The application is very complex and large (836MB) and recreating it (variables, objects, etc.) is almost out the questions. 

6 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

You can use buttons with action as shown in the attached application

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately the client does not want to use buttons within the application and continue to use the AJAX toolbar for that purpose. 

Thanks for the response though!

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I think you cannot do that.

Instead of buttons you can play with text.

try convincing them.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeremy,

this topic is a few months old, but have you come up with a solution for this?

Because I'm now experiencing the same thing with one of my customers and one of the apps they use.

On the starting page there are no listboxes, just a few buttons, and all other tabs are hidden.

What I have noticed is, that when I allow server object, and I qlik around in the app, then a bookmark object will be created on the server when I close the document. Then, when I open it again, I will start back where I left, and now I will have the back button and the 'undo' button in the AJAX toolbar. When I remove the server object and then open the file again, I won't have the back button. (I never manage to get the forward button).

I have tested this in a test environment and have the same behavior.

Tested with Qlikview 11.00SR2 and 11.20SR4

Anyone who knows the solution?

Thx,

Yves

bharath28
Creator
Creator

I faced the similar issue and also found the reason.

The issue is due to Triggers set on OnPostReload. I moved the trigger to OnOpen and the issue is resolved.

You can refer to below link to know unexpected behaviour of OnPostReload.

Re: PostReload Trigger

Not applicable
Author

I am facing exactly same issue, can you please let me know if you have got any solution for this?