cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nakuldev
Creator
Creator

Background colour formatting for a dimension in pivit table

I have colour coding for expression and based on the colour on pivot table the dimension colour should dynamically change. If any one row have red() then dimension background colour should show red() else green()

I have used the below expression but it is not working properly.

Sample :

=if(if(Appendix='Appendix V' and Count({<[B(1)]={'Do Not Comply'}>}No)>0 ,rgb(205,92,92)) =rgb(205,92,92) or

if(Appendix='Appendix V(C)' and Sum(If(VC.F22 = 'CV Submitted by Bidder', Responses0))<4,rgb(205,92,92)) =rgb(205,92,92) ,rgb(205,92,92),rgb(0,255,0))

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Check attached... I did it for just one of the expressions... but I am sure you will be able to apply the conditional logic in the background expression to make it work for other selections also

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample qvw to look at this?

nakuldev
Creator
Creator
Author

PFA sample. Color coding should be applied for dimension based on the colors applied on expressions. In a row if any of the color is red then dimension should be red......same for the yellow else green.

sunny_talwar

Check attached... I did it for just one of the expressions... but I am sure you will be able to apply the conditional logic in the background expression to make it work for other selections also

nakuldev
Creator
Creator
Author

Great! Thank you very much Sunny. Its working great.

nakuldev
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny! But as per the attached file whenever the value is NA it should not consider it and the output of color coding should be based on remaining color codes.

sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand? Are we still talking about the dimension?