Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar Chart With variable Expressions

Hello,

I would like to create a Bar chart with a variance Analysis. The most left column would be the Sales of the current year, the most right column the sales of the Last year, and in between a variable numver of countries / regions/ complexes (depending on the selections) that influence this difference (gant-chart-like).

I've attached a sample screenshot on how i made it in excel.

Designing the chart on itseld (the expressions) is not the problem, i could find some samples in the tutorials, but i can't find a sample on how to make the number of 'in-between-columns' variable.

Harry

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I believe, there is no sample in reference manual r tutorial.

As of now there is no chart is available in qlikview to show this kind of analysis or chart.

One work around would be, you need to go for three different charts for each expression i.e one for Budget , another chart for country wise and one more chart for Total YTD and merge those graphs into one chart so that it will not give any difference visually.

Hopes so i`m not wrong.If i`m wrong perhaps some body can correct me. If there is any option available in qlikview to do this type of chart, i`m eagerly waiting to see that.

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

This is the sample i'm talking about.

My problem is making the col2-col4 variable, could be 1 col, could be 20 columns ....

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

It sounds like you just need to combine two or three unlike charts. I think there are two basic approaches. First, you can add some additional fake "countries" for the budget and total in your script. Second, you can just overlay two or three different charts to make them look like one chart. Here's an example of both techniques, though not using your data.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi John,

I have a similar challenge (I think) and have tried to convert your answer for my needs but have failed so far!

I have a table (Data) with many transactions, each with a Tx_Type (e.g. BUDGET, COMMITTED, REQ, PAID) and Amount. I'm trying to get to a bar chart that has the Tx_Type as the dimension with SUM(Amount) as the value. OK, this bit is obviously easy, but I also then need a final column that is Forecast. This is a sum of all Tx Types, except BUDGET.

Can you help!

Thanks in advance,

Jason

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Create a Tx_Type_Group field mapped to Tx_Type in its own table:

Tx_Type_Group, Tx_Type
Budget, Budget
Committed, Committed
Req, Req
Paid, Paid
Forecast, Committed
Forecast, Req
Forecast, Paid

Then just use Tx_Type_Group instead of Tx_Type as the dimension.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

John - so simple but exactly what I needed!

Thank you so much mate.

Jason