Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elrrich
Contributor
Contributor

Bar Chart shows Yearly total each month instead of Monthly

I have searched without success in this specific question. I am working with Canonical Dates and using the Month of Year Abbreviated Name as dimension in a combo chart:

=Sum({1<[DateType]={'Issue'},[Year]={'$(dt.YTD)'},[Savings Year]=>}$(vSpend.DivDocId))

DateType used to identify if the date is for PO Issue Date or  Savings Date (for calendarized analysis). The variable vSpend.DivDocId aggregates the correct total amount for each PO. It returns correct amount for each month.

=Sum({1<[DateType]={'Savings'},[Year]={'$(dt.YTD)'},[Department]=P([Department])>}#savings_amount)

This expression returns the TOTAL YEARLY amount each month (same amount each month) instead of responding to the Month of Year Abbreviated Name dimension.

Can anyone provide some guidance?

2 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

I can't understand your use of the P() element function. It should be nested within some other set analysis. What logic are you trying to accomplish with the Department ?
elrrich
Contributor
Contributor
Author

If you noticed I am using {1} to lock selections, therefore, [Department]=P([Department]) is intended to allow the expression to respond to selections in the field [Department], allowing all possible values to be selected.

Regardless, even when removed (hence showing totals for all departments) the result is consistently as described. This is not causing the issue, although if there is any better approach to achieve the intended result, your feedback is greatly appreciated.