Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brunopaulo
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Bar char Properties - Total in second axis

Hi community, 

I did this post in New to Qlikview but probably i wasnt searching for help in the right place.

So i'm facing a issue that i can't solve or find a turn around solution.

I have this bar chart:

qlik1.png

And i want show a total column.

I know i can go to Properties ---> Dimensions limits-----> in 'Options' block and mark Show Total it gives me the expected result. The trick is, i want to display the total in right y axe. Anyone has any idea how to go turn around this?

With the above solution i get this:

qlik2.png

O only need to change the Total axis to the right.

Anyideas?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Bruno Paulo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brunopaulo
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

If anyone has this problem, the solution is get 2 objects and use white text boxes in order to fill the gaps because they cant have same size in order to get same width on the bars. And use transparency (Colors menu) and position 1 of them in bottom (layer menu). Isn't absolutely perfect but it was the best i can. Maybe with some more efford u can a bit

more.

qlik3.png

Best Regards

Bruno

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I donot think that it's possible. As I remember I used a Workaround to get this done:

use a Container and place the Chart without total at left and create a new Chart only with total

and place it at right in the container

brunopaulo
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I'm assuming on total you put sum total without dimension correct? How did u match the grid? and how did you label the total side (on x axis)?

Best regards

Bruno Paulo

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the right Chart I have a dummy Dimension "Total"

The axes donot match, because the values are different (~6 vs 52). If you want to see the relative sizes you would get it like your Picture above

I guess that you could achieve that the text on x axes will be on same height etc.

what is your expected Output?

brunopaulo
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

If anyone has this problem, the solution is get 2 objects and use white text boxes in order to fill the gaps because they cant have same size in order to get same width on the bars. And use transparency (Colors menu) and position 1 of them in bottom (layer menu). Isn't absolutely perfect but it was the best i can. Maybe with some more efford u can a bit

more.

qlik3.png

Best Regards

Bruno