cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Barchart width

Hello.

Here again with my QlikView related questions

There is a strange thing in Qlik, that I just don't understand. I have few barcharts and they are ok.. But they width of the bars are not 100% in the barchart. That is bothering me a bit, it would nice to see the bar go full width instead of leaving empty space on the right side of the bar.

See the picture below:

esmerk.png

The red square demonstrates the width of the bar-area, that can be seen when using keyboard combination shift+ctrl. As it can be seen from the picture, the width of that box is ok. But for some reason, the bars are not full width within that box.

Is there something wrong in my expressions then?

I have two different expressions, one that has the %-value from total to show and other that shows what is left of that %-value.

1. expression = sum(value) / sum(total value)

2. expression = 1 - sum(value) / sum(total value)

Cheers,

Niko

12 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

u can adjust ur axis space from the attached screen.

adjust.PNG

and i think one of bar from ur bar chart having huge num and rest having less % numbers that's causing issue.

else can u share ur sample?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

chk dis

dok.PNGbar.PNG

Not applicable
Author

That did not help at all, it did not move an inch when I tried to change the value of Bar Distance. I had actually tried that earlier.

Might be something to do with the QlikView showing extra percents after the 100% stacked bar. The x axis seems to be continuing all the way to the 120% that is causing this.

Please, have a look on the attachment.

Cheers,

Niko

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

cooooool.

if u go the solution please close this thread  by making correct and helpful answers ..if not please let me know te issue  if u hve anythng else.

imrencimen
Contributor III
Contributor III

ıf u dont want to see %120 restrict the scale static max

qlik.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Yeah, I have that on my own charts and still having the whitespace gap there. Like on the chart pictured on your post, it is not continuing all the way to the right side than on the left side.

I tried to put max values like 0.5 and 0.6 to my chart max value, then it did go all the way up. What may cause this?

Cheers,

Niko

Not applicable
Author

Here is a new sample, as you can see on the only chart that is on the dashboard anymore, has some whitespace on the right.

Tried to copy as much I can from the original barchart that I am having the problems with. The most whitespace seems to come to play, when I have inserted custom Number format to show the numbers the way I want. I use the number formatting # ##0,00% on the value that can be seen on the barchart. But on the other number, I have not even set any formatting. Seems to me, that QlikView is prereserving space to the other number also, alltho', it is not even visible...... Hmm.. Does it prereserve the space for that option that it can show the 100,00% value when selectin only one value from the suppl list?

I created also other barchart to the right, where I set the static max to 0.6 and it shows the chart the way I want it to be seen. I am just not sure, that this will always work. When selecting one value, the value will go out of bounds. In this case the value should be shown inside the chart, but it does not work when selecting multiple values from suppl, there are so small values that cannot be fitted inside the barchart.

I think this is not going to work any other way, than just leaving the whitespace as it is and just deal with it. It would be nice that QlikView would automatically align the text from right to left when going over the bounds.

Well, we have to live with that what we get, don't we? (Nope)

Cheers,

Niko

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Do you want like this?

Capture1.JPG

May be Set the scale value Min as 0.1 and Max as 0.9

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

I hope,

• Your are Using Show total such way it can be high when compared to others.

Else,

• Layout->Size to Data check this
  • General -> Reset user Sizing

Try this,

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”