Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Best practice to show date formats

Hi

We are getting date fields from our database, we want to show these dates in a specific format on the Qvw report, I want to know which of the below is the best development practice in terms of overall size of the qlikview document:

1. Whether we should first convert the date to the desired format in the script and store this in Qvd and then use this already formatted date directly from qvd in the qvw report

Or

2. Instead of doing formatting in the script we store the num format of date in the Qvd and convert the num to specific desired date format on the Qvw presentation itself.

Please let me know which of the above two scenarios is the best to use in terms of less size of QvW document.

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

if you have a small size data and don't have any other specific reason for storing the data in QVD format, it is suggested that you don't even go for 2nd option, qvd staging would be an extra step(as i mentioned, unless there is no other complexity in the modeling or data), let qv handle the date format in the script itself.

Thanks.

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

2nd on eis best option to tried it as you far to know that number of date field to use with different format in specific desired date format

hope it helps you

And see the ataached file for Conversion Of date