Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samu
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Best way to combine multiple tables?

Hi,

I'm trying to combine sales data from four different units. Each of the unit has all the same information with the same table structure in four tables.

What would the most effective/easiet way to do it? My goal would be to create a report which would show all the combined data on the first sheet and then all the unit data on the unit specific sheets.

The problem is that I also need to add new fields after each table, of which the first one would add a country code after all the transactions and the second one would add currency code.

I'm using SQL select to get this information from our SQL database

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam

3 Replies
Not applicable

Qlikview should be design with Star design approach.

Meaning a fact table containing all your sales and two related dimension tables containing the country and another the currency.

The easiest to put every common data in your central table would be to use concatenate key word.

I would advise to add a unit field in order to differenciate units. Also I would create a primary jey using autonumberhash128(field1,field2,Unit field) as %KeySales.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards

samu
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks for the swift reply. I'm somewhat new to Qlikview, could you please specify how to add a unit field into existing tables with Qlikview?

Best regards,

Sam

Not applicable

for example:

LEFT JOIN (MyTable), Load MyKey, 'k€' as Unit resident MyTable

Or MyTable2:

Load Field1, Field2, 'k€' as Unit resident MyTable;

Drop table MyTable;