Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Better way of reporting to key users thrrough Accesspoint?

Hello Guys,

I have a question. when I am distributing a given xyz.qvw data through the accesspoint to the Keyusers. What is the better way to do it in Qlikview 9?

As there are no Developer, Professional and Analyser versions in QV 9, everyone can develop or change the script. As a Developer on the Server I dont want anyone to touch my Script, which I have developed. I can do this by writing the script, having the datamodel in another analysis xxx .qvw and loading it as Binaryscript into the xyz.qvw. This is betterway of dividing Script with Datamodel and the qvw data with Layout. xyz.qvw can be now distributed to the different keyusers. Now all the keyusers will make there own layout or develop the existing Layout on the xyz.qvw. My question is here is if I change the fields in the script or the datamodel, there are chances of losing the Layout of Keyusers bcos all the Layout is based on fields. Is this the better way or is there any other better way of distributing among the Keyusers?

Thanks

Sravan

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sravan,

If you go in document properties you can assign user privileges in the security tab which you can then have the administrator login override.

I would turn everything off and go from there.

Cheers

Lee