Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bookmark & Trigger precedence

Hi All,

I have a question regarding Qlikview precedence for applying bookmark and triggers simultaneously.

Could someone please explain me if I have a bookmark (including state change property) and a trigger in a qvw, what will be the precedence of these actions?

The best example to check the precedence would be a bookmark having state change property selected and a OnLeaveSheet trigger.

I have attached a qvw which has two tabs and some sample data. I have also created a bookmark called B2, which was created on Main Sheet and having state change property checked. The other tab (Copy of Main) has OnActivateSheet and OnLeaveSheet trigger which is Clear All trigger.

Now If i  go to second sheet and select B2 bookmark. It will open Main sheet but won't apply its selection.

I figured out the sequence and it is , once i click bookmark 'B2', Qlikview go to Main sheet and starts applying its selection but after completing bookmark job it checks that there was a OnLeaveSheet trigger which needs to be applied as the sheet has been changed. So then it apply this trigger, which clears the bookmark selections.

In the above situation I would like your thought about the default behaviour of Qlikview. In my openion if a bookmark has state change property and is triggering OnLeaveSheet trigger, when user select the bookmark then Qlikview should apply OnLeaveSheet trigger first and then the bookmark?

Thanks,

Anosh Nathaniel

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The bookmark doesn't trigger the OnLeave or OnActivate sheet trigger. The user does that by changing to another sheet. That's what's clearing the selection. The bookmark has nothing to do with it. The Clear All action really simply clears all selections.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your reply. When a bookmark is created with the state change property then it saves the tab id also on which this bookmart is being created.

Now if user who is on another tab applys this bookmark, Qlikview opens that tab first and applys the bookmark selections.

Regards,

Anosh

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ah, I see what you mean. I think the bookmark activates the bookmarked state of both fields and layout simultaneously, not consecutively. The OnLeaveSheet trigger fires after that and clears the selections.

Not applicable
Author

Yes Gysbert, you are correct, but i don't want to clear the selections which bookmark has made and i think this should be the ideal behaviour . What do you think?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't understand why you have the Clear All action on the OnLeaveSheet trigger. It looks useless to me since your bookmark replaces the current selections anyway. If you remove that you should have the behaviour you want.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your reply. I have a need to clear all the selections and then apply tab specific selections on each tab when it is opened. This is required for multiple reason:

1. I have to lock few field values on each tab so tha user cannot change it
  2. Apply some selections so that user can see default view when they open the tab
  3. There are several other reason to do that

Even if I delete the Clear All action on OnLeaveSheet and apply it on OnActivateSheet, then also I am facing the same problem.

Not applicable
Author

The bookmark doesn't trigger the OnLeave or OnActivate sheet trigger. The user does that by changing to another sheet. That's what's clearing the selection. The bookmark has nothing to do with it. The Clear All action really simply clears all selections.

Gysbert Wassenaar

Hi Gysbert,

i have a similar problem:

I want to activate a bookmark (wich includes layout and variables) by its link (send by mail) on access point,

but it fires the onactivatesheet triggers like clear all and set variables....

It's a bug???

saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

Me too facing similar issue when trying to select the bookmark it shows up the fields which are used in "Select in Field" trigger and their values as null...

Please can anyone suggest on it??