Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bookmark exact selection, not all selections containing substring

I am trying to create a bookmark with a list of products selected.  My list box looks like this:

Product Name:

Apple

Banana

Banana Creme Pie

Coffee

If I select Apple and Banana and create a bookmark, when I apply the bookmark it returns Apple, Banana and Banana Creme Pie. I would like it to return only Apple and Banana.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I got the answer from Qlik Support. They suggested adding Select Possible to the actions after the Select in Field, and that worked.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I can't reproduce this behaviour. Can you post a small qlikview document that demonstrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I created a new qvw so I could post it here, and found it doesn't replicate the behavior.  It is interesting that in my new qvw, the current selections shows Apple,Banana and the bookmark works as expected. In my app, the current selection shows ("Apple"|"Banana").  This is because I am doing a Select in Field in order to select the product names in the list box.  In my Select in Field, I am adding the parenthesis, double quotes and pipes. I thought I needed all of that in order to be able to select products with spaces in the name.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

What's the default search mode for that document set to? You can check that on the Presentation tab of the Document Properties window.

Not applicable
Author

The default search mode is Use Normal Search.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sorry, no idea then

Not applicable
Author

I got the answer from Qlik Support. They suggested adding Select Possible to the actions after the Select in Field, and that worked.