Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bookmarks - looking for ideas

Hi, I'll try to explain my issue as short as possible
I have a dashboard with set of filters, and bar charts. For example, bar chart contains 2 bars - one bar with default alternative state and second with another (custom) one - so you can compare 2 values easily.

There are also button (switch) - 'Profile1' 'Profile2' and depends on which one is currently active - set of filters will select data on alternative state default (Profile1) or the custom one (Profile 2).

Now i want to create some bookmark functionality - user toggle switch to Profile 1 and apply bookmark which should create selections on default alternative state, then user toggle switch to Profile 2 and apply another bookmark which should create selections on custom alternative state.

Finally you can see bar charts comparing first bookmark to the second one.

I'm trying to figure out how to do this but i came to conclusion that it's just impossible using qlikview bookmarks. Am I right ? Do you have some other ideas how to achieve my goal ?

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you trying to make selections in two different states using a single button? Is that the goal? If not, can you elaborate what your goal is. A sample application would be ideal.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

I added sample to first post, I want to click profile1, select one bookmark, then click profile2,  select another bookmark. And in result i want to see comparison of 2 bookmarks in chart.

sunny_talwar

You want the first bookmark selection to stay when you make the second bookmark selection?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, first stay in alternative state 1 second apply to 2.

sunny_talwar

I am not aware of a way to do this. But I hope someone else might know a way. Only way I can think of getting something close of what you are looking for would be $1 within your set analysis.

Expression 1: Sum(Sales)

Expression 2: Sum({$1} Sales)

So after you click both your bookmarks, expression 1 will show your most recent bookmark you clicked and expression 2 will show you the bookmark before that.

Not sure if that would be helpful.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

This is not exactly what i've been looking for but it is very good alternative indeed. Thank you very much

sunny_talwar

Ya I understand your requirement, but don't know if it would be possible. May be someone else can chip in and prove me wrong here

Best,

Sunny