cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug while reading data from a AS400 file

Hi everybody,

I've an issue while reading a simple file from AS400.

The query is pretty simple.

SELECT CUSTOMER_CODE, CUSTOMER_DESCRIPTION FROM FILE.

The problem is in the CUSTOMER_CODE, Qlik seams to reading the value in a wrong way.

(i.e. The customer code 0320971500 become 03209715E2)

I've found a solution to walk around the bug (but I cannot understand the Qlik behavior).

As you can see I've imposed to Qlik to treat the customer code as text and everything worked.

I've also tried to open a Case on the Support Portal, but I cannot find the "Open New Case" button.

Anyone has any idea ?

Here is the example to understand better my problem.

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Sergio, I don't know why is returning the 'E' format, but for sure QV will try to convert that data into a number (losing the first 0), so you need to use the Text() function as you're doing to keep that first zero.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Sergio,

We'd like to take a closer look at this for you. Since you are unable to create a case through the portal, feel free to file a call through eMail or call us directly. Though as we will need the example, an eMail is probably better.

For details, refer to Qlik Support - Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting Software Solutions | Qlik

Make certain to include as much detail as possible, including version numbers, your license, and the .qvw that you attached here.

Kind Regards,

Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂