Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bugs in QlikView 12 SR6

Hey Guyz,

After upgrading to QlikView Desktop/Server/Publisher to its latest version ,i.e.,12, I have observed that when an application is accessed via the QlikView access point in IE browser, the title shown in the tab is the server path (User Documents path)  of the app instead of just the app name.qvw.

For eg:

Google is the name of our QVW file whose user document/ server path is A/B/Google.qvw. Now if you try to access your app in the access point , you should see the title in the tab as Google.qvw, in your IE browsers as shown below. This happened in QlikView 11.

google.PNG

But in QlikView 12, you will see the tilte in the tab as A/B/Google.qvw in the IE browser only on accessing the app in access point.

This behavior was only observed in IE browser. But not in Chrome or Firefox.

May be there's an issue with the latest QV IE plugin. This bug violates the security of the app by disclosing its server path and also it doesn't give a good user experience as users may get confused by reading the folder name in which the app is placed instead of reading just the app name like it was supposed to be.

Let me know if you get more updates/ differences/ solutions on this.

Cheers,

Satya

0 Replies