Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yogi_myd
Contributor II
Contributor II

Bundle load Qmem - Images are not showing sometimes in charts in the first refresh/run

#Bundle Load #Qmem,

Instead of images its showing the qmem script/expressions in the chart(attached the Image), once i rerun the app the images are getting populated. Any Suggestions?

Fyi,

The images table are in the transformation layer and its pulling from the Url based on the key.

In presentation layer by binary load the Images table(from transformation) are loaded as resident and used for Bundle load.

Regards

Yogesh.

Labels (4)
3 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You did not mention the version you are running, I would almost suspect this may be something defect related, but need to know version info in order to check that aspect, but if you are not on the current SR (Service Release) for the major track you are running, I would recommend updating to the latest SR and retesting to be sure it is not already fixed there.  The only other thing that comes to mind is you may have something going on with the access to the images on the initial load for some reason etc., so that is the other area I would try to verify to be sure no issues there.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
yogi_myd
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

hi  Brett_Blees,

Thanks for the reply. i am using Qlikview April 2019 SR3 , version 12.40.20300.0. 

i believe i am using latest version and release. if not, Can you please share the SR and versio? thanks in advance.

And i have ensured that the images are in tranformation layer. i am facing the issue in presentation layer less often but in next refresh its showing which is making me surprise.

My assumption is using binary load,resident and bundle load which may affect the Qlik reserved memory when server RAM is busy(100% utilized). i am not sure.

regards

Yogesh. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yep, you are good to go on the release, so I would say the key thing at this point is if you think we have a decent chance of being able to replicate the issue on our side, I would go ahead and submit a support case, if you can include a sample app we can use etc., and detailed steps on what we need to do, should make pretty quick work of getting it submitted to be reviewed.  

That being said, I would venture your theory is likely on the right track, which begs the question of whether there might be an Easter Egg setting we could tweak to increase things a bit to see if that helps or not.  I did a little searching, and I could not find anything related to QMEM etc., so I think we will have to submit this one to get further information.  I know a couple of customers have had issues with custom thumbnail images staying put too though, so this could be related to that, and the engineers have been looking into that one, so if they put something into next release to address that, it might help with what you are experiencing.  Sorry I do not have anything better for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.